RadiaBeam Technologies is a rapidly growing R&D and manufacturing company specializing in the field of particle accelerator technology. Current areas of work include advanced accelerators for industrial and medical applications, novel radio frequency (RF) structures, and instrumentation and diagnostics for scientific research facilities. Our market is international, and to-date most of our sales revenue has come from outside the US.
RadiaBeam offers competitive benefits and a dynamic, flexible workplace with extensive opportunity for advancement. RadiaBeam is an equal opportunity employer.
One position is currently available at RadiaBeam Technologies:
RadiaBeam Technologies is a successful, growing R&D and high-tech manufacturing company with headquarters in Santa Monica, CA. We develop novel particle accelerators and accelerator-related instrumentation, optical systems and advanced manufacturing techniques. We currently have approximately 45 employees.
RadiaBeam is hiring an Accelerator Scientist to support its ongoing experimental R&D and Sales projects.
Job duties will include:
- Design, simulate, and test accelerators and accelerator components
- Lead research and product development projects as Principle Investigator
- Initiate original research and product ideas, and generate peer-reviewed, high quality proposals, technical reports and scientific publications
The requirements for the position are:
- PhD degree in physics or electrical engineering + at least 5 years of experience.
- Expertise in the design, engineering, manufacturing and testing of circular accelerators.
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation codes (Opera or Maxwell)
- Experience with beam dynamics simulations (i.e. Parmela, GPT, MAD-X)
- Excellent manual dexterity and hardware assembly skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Medical and industrial accelerators
- Ion/proton sources, accelerators, ion beam transport, ion beam diagnostics and applications of ion beams
- ANSYS Mechanical thermal analysis
- Control systems (PLCs, NI cRIO)
- Analog, Digital, and mixed-signal circuits
- High-voltage circuits
- PCB layout
Interested applicants should send an email with a resume and a SHORT introduction (no cover letter!) to email@example.com with "Accelerator Scientist" in the subject line.